Dr. Lance Secretan has a radical idea. He believes people are yearning for spirit and values at work, and that the principal role of leaders is to build great organizations to meet that need. In Reclaiming Higher Ground, Secretan describes a model used by visionary leaders who are creating the inspired organization of the future.
For 15 years we have been urging employees to provide greater quality and service while we have been downsizing, restructuring and re-engineering them. The result has been a productivity-fueled boom for corporate North America. But now we have hit a wall. There is little room left to continue doing more with less and employees are reassessing their contract with life and work. So what’s next?
The future belongs to visionaries who create organizations that:
1. Inspire the soul by honoring and celebrating people
2. Ask questions more often than we offer answers
Secretan has a reality-tested vision of how to transform organizations. He will show you how to build what he has termed a “sanctuary,” based on restoring spirit and values at work, asking questions instead of always having ready answers and recognizing that the personality has limits and that inspirational leaders connect with the Soul:
Reclaiming Higher Ground will stir your heart like never before as you learn you how to:
• Inspire others with breakthrough ideas that go beyond conventional management theory
• Move people far more deeply than we tend to in modern organizations
• Restore and build individual self-esteem and passion
• Introduce insights that can be translated and applied in a practical way, inspiring people to unusual heights
The book, together with resources found on this website, offers a comprehensive system for raising the level of inspiration in any organization.
Want to start a book discussion group? We’ve created a book discussion outline here, where you will find information on how to begin a dialogue about key ideas from the book and ways to deepen your knowledge of the ideas and concepts described in them.